Prophetic Messenger Service
Prophetic Messenger Service
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 3.) Nostradamus
 How It Will End
 Global Warming????
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Darkcomet

United Kingdom
596 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  07:51:49 AM  Show Profile Send Darkcomet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does this prove Global Warming it a load of Rubbish???? Bush gives go ahead for logging of national forest.

You must be logged in to see this link.

If you tremble indignation
at every injustice
then you are a comrade of mine.
- Ernesto Che Guevara -

Edited by - Darkcomet on Mar 30 2008 06:21:19 AM

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Conor

Ireland
1174 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  08:47:01 AM  Show Profile Send Conor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Global warming is not a load of rubbish. Go and read the IPCC Reports written by over 10,000 scientists and poilicy makers and the proof that is contained in those reports to see that it is real and it is happening and its not some idea created to created extra jobs and find new energy sources. It is a fact that the natural warming of the earth which does occur in very long cycles is speeding up at an astronomical rate and matches exactly the rates of greenhouse gas release in the last two hundred years. The sooner the twats in power like GWB actually realise this and shrug off his backing from the oil business will world leaders actually do something. I work in designing flood relief and prevention infrastructure and I can show you the type of climate change additions I have to make to all my calculations. It is not a myth to me and my job!
Go to Top of Page

Darkcomet

United Kingdom
596 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2008 :  06:16:44 AM  Show Profile Send Darkcomet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Earth Hour" goes global

Seems pop music isnt the only thing going dark????

GOOGLE GOES DARK

In a tip of its virtual hat to the event, the background of Google's home page turned to black from white on more than a dozen country sites including Google.com. A message on the site read: "We've turned the lights out. Now it's your turn."
---------

Dark Era Begins on Top 40 Pop Charts in Autumn

Good catch Mike!

at every injustice
- Ernesto Che Guevara -

Edited by - Darkcomet on Mar 30 2008 06:22:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

Darkcomet

United Kingdom
596 Posts

Posted - May 28 2008 :  05:56:59 AM  Show Profile Send Darkcomet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seems our planet is not the only one going through Global changes. Jupiter is changing too.

at every injustice
- Ernesto Che Guevara -

Go to Top of Page

Darkcomet

United Kingdom
596 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  06:17:12 AM  Show Profile Send Darkcomet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Climate chaos? Don't believe it

No smoking hot spot

I am a novice on this subject, but several time's I have read that CO2 actually sink's into the ground because it is heavy in the air. I don't know how much of a myth this is or is it is really true. But if that is the case, how can it contribute to Global Warming in the way the goverment's and Al Gore are saying? This make's me wonder if they are covering something more sinister up.

at every injustice
- Ernesto Che Guevara -

Go to Top of Page

Conor

Ireland
1174 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  03:52:59 AM  Show Profile Send Conor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Darkcomet, the media like to cause controversy! Trust me!!
I am an environmental scientist, I have to incorporate climate change factors into every single thing I do! It is not rubbish, its actually happening.

You are referring to carbon sinks. Carbon dioxide is not heavier than air, it readily mixes with it, in fact pure air would be heavier than pure carbon dioxide.
A carbon sink is a natural phenomenon where Carbon Dioxide is absorbed through particular chemical reactions, soil carbon sinks are generally peat bogs, where the carbon dioxide is absorbed into carbonic acid and stored in the peat.
Coral reefs are carbon sinks, the Carbon Dioxide is absorbed into the calcium carbonate shells of the coral.
The oceans are carbon sinks, the Carbon Dixoide is absorbed into seawater by chemically binding to the sodium in the seawater
Rainforests are carbon sinks, the Carbon Dioxide is absorbed into the organic soils in a similar fashion to peatbogs.

These reactions are all influenced by tempreature. As huge amounts of Carbon Dioxide have been released into the atmosphere for the last two centuries, the carbon sinks could not keep up with the rate of introduction, consequently the Greenhouse Effect began to raise tempreatures, this then reduces the effectiveness of the carbon sinks to store Carbon Dioxide. Which in turn allowed more Carbon Dioxide to build up in the atmosphere and continue the Greenhouse effect.

Also increased temperatures destorys coral reefs, which eliminates that carbon sink. Increased temperatures dries out peat bogs, which eliminates that carbon sink. Increased temperatures allow greater evaporation of the oceans which disrupts the oceanic carbon sink, and finally mankind is destorying directly the rainforests, which not only destroys the carbon sink but the burning contributes even more Carbon Dioxide to the atmosphere.

I will stress this ad nauseum!!! Climate Change is not a myth, or a conspiracy theory, its reality, its happening now and no matter what we do, we will not be able to stop it, all we can do is try to stall it, delay it and reduce its damage to the planet. And that requires a lot of work!!!
Go to Top of Page

Darkcomet

United Kingdom
596 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  09:45:03 AM  Show Profile Send Darkcomet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Conor, I respect your view's on this matter and I also see your point. I do believe we are in some sort of Global Warming, but one thing strke's me as odd. If we really were heading for such a big disaster on a global scale, I am sure TPTB have the technology to get rid of all fossile fuel based item's and replace them with safe non risk item's. Sticking up a few wind turbine's and solar pannel's is hardly going to satisfy the world's hunger for energy. If we were really in trouble I am sure they would have acted by now, it sound's much more like this is a stealth tax. And one which they are willing to ride out as much as they can, before people catch on. China is building power station's and burning plastic in them. I am sure America would allow that if it was causing a Global disaster that they could not control. In fact they show they are much more intrested in the oil.

Saying all that, it does not mean this planet is not heating up, but I just find it hard to believe if this Global Warming was really being caused by such thing's, then it would have been dealt with by now, and not brushed to one side and taxed.

at every injustice
- Ernesto Che Guevara -

Go to Top of Page

Conor

Ireland
1174 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  03:39:07 AM  Show Profile Send Conor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately no, our reliance on fossil fuels really is the problem and the technology we should be using is feared - nuclear.
Nuclear energy really is the way forward until nuclear fusion comes online potentially around 2050. In terms of energy production we took many steps forward, but the nuclear disaster of Chernobyl stopped the progression of nuclear power so we are still using fossil fuels too much. Our reliance on fossil fuels should have been drastically reduced in the 1990s if nuclear power had continued to dominate the energy industry which it didnt.

Wind power and solar power have only really become efficient in the last ten years so there roll out has been delayed until they became more efficient.

I do believe unfortunately that our general abandonement of nuclear energy has led to this global warming.

If the IPPC projections are correct and we manage to keep our temperature increase to 4 degrees C in the next twenty years, then we will manage to have 1980 levels of CO2 and equivalent temperatures by 2100. If we go above the 4 degress it will take substantially longer.
Go to Top of Page

Conor

Ireland
1174 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  03:41:30 AM  Show Profile Send Conor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By the way! The burning of plastic in power stations is worse for the environment than burning oil or gas!!! Plastic is processed oil into solid form. A great deal of energy is used to create it in the first place. Burning it produces less energy than oil and gas, but produces more C02 as it is concentrated carbon molecules!

So the chinese are exacerbating the problem!!!
Go to Top of Page

KAT

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  11:37:45 AM  Show Profile Send KAT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Conor,

You don't think that if we go above 3 Degrees we will be into runaway warming then...?

Knowing the human race as you do,
Why would you not believe in conspiracy theories..? :K.T.
Go to Top of Page

Conor

Ireland
1174 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  04:07:52 AM  Show Profile Send Conor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thankfully no, I have studied the documents produced by the IPPC and I have attended a number of conferences about the longevity of the effects climate change will have.
At current levels the best we can hope for if we curb CO2 emissions by 50% by 2020 will be a 3 degree increase by 2030 and a decrease back to 200 temperatures levels by 2100. The realistic option is if we fulfill the Kyoto and Bali Protocols by 2020 with a 35% reduction we will havea 4.5 degree increase by 2030 and a decrease back to 2000 temperatures by 2100. Anything above a 4.5 degree increase by 2030 will take a great deal longer to return to 2000 temperatures.

A runaway greenhouse effect would only occur if we had an increase of 20 degree by 2030, and even then the runaway effect would take at least 500 years to bring global average temperatures beyond 30 degrees for the whole planet.

The IPPC have really done their work, they have used over 17,000 scientists to produce as many models as possible. Climate Change is not an opinion its a fact.

Unfortunately!!!
Go to Top of Page

thomsop

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  8:08:46 PM  Show Profile Send thomsop a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hiya,

It's definately a fact that climate change is happening, but still not sure of the reasons. A lot of sites put it down entirely to carbon emissions, yet other sites put it down to cycles that the planet goes through, sometimes over thousands of years. My question is, what is right, the scientists of the IPPC reports or the other scientists who report different theories, I think some of them had been original supporters/named on the IPPC report but asked their name to be removed for various reasons, though this is the minority, whether they got removed or not I don't know.

Cheers.

Phil
Go to Top of Page

Conor

Ireland
1174 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  03:10:15 AM  Show Profile Send Conor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually while the IPPC has lots of different opinions, they all had to sign off on the main reports from each of their sections, so thousands of scientists decided to forgo personal opinion and forge a unified opinion.

The consensus is that while Earth does go through natural warming and cooling cycles, it never goes through one as fast as has been experienced in the last century. It is a complete anomoly in comparison to a quarter of a million years of temperature records from ice cores. So even if we are at the start of a warming cycle, humainity is increasing the warming rate by a significant factor and beyond the natural cycle.

Can you imagien trying to get ten thousand scientists to agree to form one consensual statement!!!??? I am gald I wasnt the one to organise that!!!
Go to Top of Page

Darkcomet

United Kingdom
596 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  05:34:33 AM  Show Profile Send Darkcomet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is just another case of the goverment's brushing this under the carpet.

Passing the buck to the next president is all fine and dandy but how about taking some responsibility for those action's in the first place.

If Obama is elected I hope he has the ball's to address this issues with a clear direction of 'It's everyone's responsibility to correct this and the whole world's burden to carry' and not just lay the blame and become yet another useless wet lettuce.

at every injustice
- Ernesto Che Guevara -

Edited by - Darkcomet on Jul 30 2008 05:39:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Darkcomet

United Kingdom
596 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  06:07:03 AM  Show Profile Send Darkcomet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thomsop

Hiya,

It's definately a fact that climate change is happening, but still not sure of the reasons. A lot of sites put it down entirely to carbon emissions, yet other sites put it down to cycles that the planet goes through, sometimes over thousands of years. My question is, what is right, the scientists of the IPPC reports or the other scientists who report different theories, I think some of them had been original supporters/named on the IPPC report but asked their name to be removed for various reasons, though this is the minority, whether they got removed or not I don't know.

Cheers.

Phil

I don't think we can put climate change down to any one factor, it seem's to be a culmination of many different aspect's;
De-forestation: Co2 level's: Human population: Lack of proper waste management (recycling); just to name but a few.

It is clear though something is happening to this world and is happening faster than it should, just like Conor has stated.

Though not one country acutaully seem's to be that bothered other than to (and I hate to keep saying this) tax it or say it's a load of baloney or worse still ignore it altogether. People can only stick thier head's in the sand for so long before this bubble is going to burst. Then we all pay the price.

at every injustice
- Ernesto Che Guevara -

Go to Top of Page

KAT

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  10:50:24 AM  Show Profile Send KAT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I posted this in the wrong place before so if you have read this before its cuz I've moved it to here.

I will start this with a question and will hope that someone will be able to direct this topic in the right direction.

The question may give most people a clue as to where I am going with this but I hope everybody will bear with me if I don't jump in to the whole theory straight away, I would like to get the facts straight first.

Ok here is the question....

Did God promise that he would not punish the world by flood ever again....?

Knowing the human race as you do,
Why would you not believe in conspiracy theories..? :K.T.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Prophetic Messenger Service © 2001 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2