Prophetic Messenger Service
Prophetic Messenger Service
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 1.) Introductions
 SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
 Status of Mike
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

halifax
Advanced Member

845 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  9:06:21 PM  Show Profile Send halifax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike

If you see this what is your status? Are you still dealing with PC problems and health issues?

I noticed you put up a large article on the overview and updates page almost two weeks ago but nothing else.

I am sure the readers are curious if you are OK etc.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

mm2001
Forum Admin

USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  01:34:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit mm2001's Homepage Send mm2001 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Halifax,

Major troubles indeed!

The computer I have been using since 2005 is no more ... it now resides in computer hell. I think it was a killer designer virus that utterly ravaged the entire OP system and then the machine itself (RIP July 2005 - March 2010).

I have a new one now, purchased on Wednesday. I accessed the internet with it several hours ago.

Things looked bleak for a while though ... I am using Windows 7 now and I could not find a site from where I could execute a decent download of FrontPage Express (which is what I have been using to publish my pages since 1999). For a while it looked like it was all over for my site or that I would have to do it again from scratch with a different web authoring program ... one that would cost money since Yahoo does not support any free web authoring programs except FrontPage. The other two it supports costs.

Anyway, it looks like I have been finally successful with a FrontPage Express download, although I get a strange error from Windows when I first click on the shortcut: "Failed to update the system registry. Please try using REGIT." Whatever that means. However, after that, the program comes up normally. I guess I'll have to see if it really works when I am able to update an actual page and save it.

Sadly, I have not backed up my website since January 2008. That's ok, though ... as long as the FrontPage Express program is working properly, I know how to get the 15 or so pages with their image and sound files that have been added or undergone major updates since that time back on my current computer ... but it will take a while unfortunately.

Fingers crossed of course. I may still be forced to go back to the drawing board.

"Cast a cold eye
On life, on death,
Horseman, pass by!"

-- William Butler Yeats
Go to Top of Page

pacino

Canada
727 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  11:04:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit pacino's Homepage Send pacino a Private Message  Reply with Quote
mmmm Mike, u should be able to download all ur website from the server as it is. im not sure why ur saying that u need to restart all over again!!

And recovering the data from the old HDD should be easy, but i guess u need the help from some computer wiz near where u live. if they clean up the virus from the hard drive (HDD) of the old computer, they can plug it in ur new PC and u should be able to get ur data back (im assuming)..

-----------------------
Welcome to the countdown to World War III:

You must be logged in to see this link. (Back online with 99% of uptime!!)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Prophetic Messenger Service © 2001 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2