Prophetic Messenger Service
Prophetic Messenger Service
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 1.) Introductions
 OFF TOPICS FORUM
 Why New Prophecy Website hits are down?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

n/a
deleted

409 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  12:00:48 AM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Found this excellent piece about attempts to knobble Rense.com website.

Is it possible that Mikes Newprophecy website hits are down for a similar reason?

Source: - You must be logged in to see this link.

quote:

The gold standard for ‘ranking’ a site is provided by an organization known as Alexa. This wildly popular website will index any given website with a rank, which is based on a number of factors — primarily site traffic and age of the domain. This Alexa rank is practically worshipped within the SEO community and beyond. Advertisers will typically view this number to determine the price they’re willing to pay to work with you. Prospective partners will use this ‘magic’ number in making their final decision; and most importantly the general public will use this rank to determine how ‘big’ any given website is.

As of this writing, Rense.com is given a rank of 2,177 U.S. by Alexa. More significantly, it is given a rank of 6,217 Global. These numbers are without a doubt the most outrageously altered that I have ever seen in all of my work with numerous websites over the years. If Rense.com were a non-controversial gardening website, you would see numbers below 1,000 on both counts without any question. My business experience is not all that I’m presenting to prove this point, however. The real proof lies in the hard numbers.

Let’s take another ranking into account to compare the numbers. Let us take a look at PrisonPlanet.com — a sister site to Infowars.com. PrisonPlanet currently has a United States rank of 2,300, and a global rank of 6,202. This must mean that PrisonPlanet receives about as much traffic or more than Rense.com, right? After all, the rank is extremely close to the same, and yet Rense.com is by far the older domain. As it turns out, that is not the case.

Based on Infowars’ own media kit, it clearly states that PrisonPlanet only receives 3.5 million visitors per month, and 8 million pageviews (page loads). This is severely below the actual traffic count of Rense.com. Rense.com receives 13-14 million visits per month, conservatively, and that is nothing new. In fact Rense has been receiving these extremely high traffic levels for years. Alexa is not slow to update on this fact, as they are blatantly censorsing the true numerical representation of Rense.com.

This kind of censorship is unlike any other kind on the web — a direct assault against the message of Rense.com, as well as an indicator that what is being presented on the site has really struck a nerve with some serious movers and shakers. After all, it takes powerful individuals and big money to force a large-scale company like Alexa (a subsidiary of Amazon.com) to single out Rense.com among the huge and ever-growing pack of alternative news websites for absolute censorship. Furthermore, to sick the ADL and Google on Rense.com also requires a large degree of Zionist influence.

You will notice that there is simply no other site out there like Rense.com. No one addresses the Zionist issue harder and more thoroughly than Rense, and to such a large audience. It doesn’t take a genius to realize that the Zionists do NOT like how Rense.com is exposing their operations. You will not see this same level of censorship with any other alternative news networks, and for good reason — no one else is covering what Rense.com covers. Due to the powerful nature of truth and an audience hungry for it, Rense.com still exceeds 13-14 MILLION visitors per month, trumping sites with sub-one-thousand Alexa ranks quite easily. It’s time the Zionist powers realize that their censorship is worthless, and that the truth cannot be silenced,

There is no doubt that certain agencies are deliberately trying to stifle internet content.

It appears that its possible the same agencies are out to get Mikes website also!

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

n/a
deleted

409 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2012 :  9:27:08 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More on this same Topic - in case it helps Mike understand whats possibly affecting his website traffic.

quote:

Global Research, February 23, 2012
Washington's Blog

URL of this article: You must be logged in to see this link.

Censorship By Top Social Media Websites

Facebook pays low-wage foreign workers to delete certain content based upon a censorship list. For example, Facebook deletes accounts created by Palestinian resistance groups.

Digg was caught censoring stories which were controversial or too critical of the government. See this and this.

Now, even social media site Reddit – which helped launch the anti-Sopa Internet blackout and publicize GoDaddy’s slimy Sopa support – is doing the same thing.

As just one example, posts from this website are being censored by Reddit. Specifically, a friend of this site who has submitted stories to Reddit has received the following messages of rejection from a Reddit moderator named davidreiss666:

from davidreiss666 via /r/worldnews/

WashingtonBlog is not something we consider a good source for r/Worldnews.

from davidreiss666 via /r/worldnews/

Please submit that story from an alternate domain. Thank you.

And another moderator named Maxion:

from Maxion via /r/worldnews/

I am sorry but this submission is not appropriate for this subreddit.

There are certainly also more open-minded moderators at Reddit. But a couple of censors can squash discussion on entire topics.
Why Are They Censoring?

Why are they censoring?

Well, censorship is rampant in America ... and social media has grown so big that it has become a target as well.

In addition, as I pointed out last year [for ease of reading, we'll skip indentation]:

Wired reported on Friday:

The Pentagon is looking to build a tool to sniff out social media propaganda campaigns and spit some counter-spin right back at it.

On Thursday, Defense Department extreme technology arm Darpa unveiled its Social Media in Strategic Communication (SMISC) program. It’s an attempt to get better at both detecting and conducting propaganda campaigns on social media. SMISC has two goals. First, the program needs to help the military better understand what’s going on in social media in real time — particularly in areas where troops are deployed. Second, Darpa wants SMISC to help the military play the social media propaganda game itself.

This is more than just checking the trending topics on Twitter. The Defense Department wants to deeply grok social media dynamics. So SMISC algorithms will be aimed at discovering and tracking the “formation, development and spread of ideas and concepts (memes)” on social media, according to Darpa’s announcement.

SMISC needs to be able to seek out “persuasion campaign structures and influence operations” developing across the social sphere. SMISC is supposed to quickly flag rumors and emerging themes on social media, figure out who’s behind it and what. Moreover, Darpa wants SMISC to be able to actually figure out whether this is a random product of the hivemind or a propaganda operation by an adversary nation or group.

Of course, SMISC won’t be content to just to hang back and monitor social media trends in strategic locations. It’s about building a better spin machine for Uncle Sam, too. Once SMISC’s latches on to an influence operation being launched, it’s supposed to help out in “countermessaging.”

SMISC is yet another example of how the military is becoming very interested in what’s going on in the social media sphere.

Indeed, as I wrote in February:

I noted in 2009, in an article entitled “Does The Government Manipulate Social Media?”:

The U.S. government long ago announced its intention to “fight the net”.

As revealed by an official Pentagon report signed by Rumsfeld called “Information Operations Roadmap”:

The roadmap [contains an] acknowledgement that information put out as part of the military’s psychological operations, or Psyops, is finding its way onto the computer and television screens of ordinary Americans.

“Information intended for foreign audiences, including public diplomacy and Psyops, is increasingly consumed by our domestic audience,” it reads.

“Psyops messages will often be replayed by the news media for much larger audiences, including the American public,” it goes on.

“Strategy should be based on the premise that the Department [of Defense] will ‘fight the net’ as it would an enemy weapons system”.

Indeed, the Pentagon publicly announced years ago that it was considering using “black propaganda” – in other words, knowing lies.

CENTCOM announced in 2008 that a team of employees would be “[engaging] bloggers who are posting inaccurate or untrue information, as well as bloggers who are posting incomplete information.”

The Air Force is now also engaging bloggers. Indeed, an Air Force spokesman said:

“We obviously have many more concerns regarding cyberspace than a typical Social Media user,” Capt. Faggard says. “I am concerned with how insurgents or potential enemies can use Social Media to their advantage. It’s our role to provide a clear and accurate, completely truthful and transparent picture for any audience.”

In other words, the government is targeting “social media”, including popular user-ranked news sites.

In addition, when you look at what the Israeli lobby has done with Megaphone software to automatically vote stories questioning Israel down and to send pro-Israel letters to politicians and media (see this, this and this), you can start to see how the U.S. military – an even larger and better-funded organization – could substantially influence voting on social news sites with very little effort.

Moreover,the military has outsourced many projects to private contractors. For example, in Iraq, much of the fighting has been outsourced to Blackwater. And governmental intelligence functions have largely been outsourced to private companies.

It is therefore not impossible that the government is hiring cheap labor to downvote stories on the social media sites which question the government, and to post pro-government comments.

(other governments and large companies “astroturf” online as well. See this, this and this.)

I pointed out the same month:

Government propagandists, their hired private contractors and useful idiots are creating “downvote bots” or scripts to bury stories which question the government.

One free, simple scripting program to create automatic downvotes of certain topics or news posters is called “Greasemonkey”, which is commonly used on large social news sites such as Reddit.

For example, there are some 2,480 hits ... for the google search site:reddit.com greasemonkey downvote. This is some 2,480 times that Reddit users are publicly admitting to using greasemonkey (see also this).

Propaganda agents obviously aren’t going to publicly brag about what they are doing, and you can bet that their use of downvote bots is much greater. Moreover, they probably have more sophisticated software than Greasemonkey.

Today, Raw Story reports that the Air Force ordered software to manage army of fake virtual people:

Internet users would be well advised to ask another question entirely: Are my “friends” even real people?

In the continuing saga of data security firm HBGary, a new caveat has come to light: not only did they plot to help destroy secrets outlet WikiLeaks and discredit progressive bloggers, they also crafted detailed proposals for software that manages online “personas,” allowing a single human to assume the identities of as many fake people as they’d like.

The revelation was among those contained in the company’s emails, which were dumped onto bittorrent networks after hackers with cyber protest group “Anonymous” broke into their systems.

In another document unearthed by “Anonymous,” one of HBGary’s employees also mentioned gaming geolocation services to make it appear as though selected fake persons were at actual events.

“There are a variety of social media tricks we can use to add a level of realness to all fictitious personas,” it said.

Government involvement

Eerie as that may be, more perplexing, however, is a federal contract from the 6th Contracting Squadron at MacDill Air Force Base, located south of Tampa, Florida, that solicits providers of “persona management software.”

While there are certainly legitimate applications for such software, such as managing multiple “official” social media accounts from a single input, the more nefarious potential is clear.

Unfortunately, the Air Force’s contract description doesn’t help dispel their suspicions either. As the text explains, the software would require licenses for 50 users with 10 personas each, for a total of 500. These personas would have to be “replete with background , history, supporting details, and cyber presences that are technically, culturally and geographacilly consistent.”

It continues, noting the need for secure virtual private networks that randomize the operator’s Internet protocol (IP) address, making it impossible to detect that it’s a single person orchestrating all these posts. Another entry calls for static IP address management for each persona, making it appear as though each fake person was consistently accessing from the same computer each time.

The contract also sought methods to anonymously establish virtual private servers with private hosting firms in specific geographic locations. This would allow that server’s “geosite” to be integrated with their social media profiles, effectively gaming geolocation services.

The Air Force added that the “place of performance” for the contract would be at MacDill Air Force Base, along with Kabul, Afghanistan and Baghdad. The contract was offered on June 22, 2010.

It was not clear exactly what the Air Force was doing with this software, or even if it had been procured.

Manufacturing consent

Though many questions remain about how the military would apply such technology, the reasonable fear should be perfectly clear. “Persona management software” can be used to manipulate public opinion on key information, such as news reports. An unlimited number of virtual “people” could be marshaled by only a few real individuals, empowering them to create the illusion of consensus.

That’s precisely what got DailyKos blogger Happy Rockefeller in a snit: the potential for military-run armies of fake people manipulating and, in some cases, even manufacturing the appearance of public opinion.

“I don’t know about you, but it matters to me what fellow progressives think,” the blogger wrote. “I consider all views. And if there appears to be a consensus that some reporter isn’t credible, for example, or some candidate for congress in another state can’t be trusted, I won’t base my entire judgment on it, but it carries some weight.

“That’s me. I believe there are many people though who will base their judgment on rumors and mob attacks. And for those people, a fake mob can be really effective.”

“Team Themis” [tasked by the Chamber of Commerce to come up with strategies for responding to progressive bloggers and others] also included a proposal to use malware hacks against progressive organizations, and the submission of fake documents in an effort to discredit established groups.

HBGary was also behind a plot by Bank of America to destroy WikiLeaks’ technology platform, other emails revealed. The company was humiliated by members of “Anonymous” after CEO Aaron Barr bragged that he’d “infiltrated” the group.

There's little doubt in my mind Mike that your websites being targeted deliberately but others mileage may vary.
Go to Top of Page

mm2001
Forum Admin

USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  11:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit mm2001's Homepage Send mm2001 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, whatever the the "whys" and the "ifs" of it are, IT IS OVER...

I did a single keyword search on Google tonight, "Nostradamus," to see what results page my home page, "Nostradamus and the New Prophecy Almanacs," was on. I had to go down to page 7 just to find, of all things, "Second Home Page - Nostradamus and the New Prophec...," which is summed up thusly: "This is the ultimate doom only the Hopi Indians have warned was possible in their prophecies (although Nostradamus does warn of a time when the Universe ..."

A fat lot that tells anybody about the site.

I kept looking for my home page, and was about to give up and conclude it was no longer listed, but then finally found it, "Nostradamus and the New Prophecy Almanacs," ... on page 24.

For all intents and purposes, my website no longer exists ...

The hour is late, and I still have only got about 1,000 people on it all day ... some of them probably got on when my home page was still listed on page 7, before it got knocked down to page 24 ... to think that a year ago at this time I was getting 10,000 hits a day ... I am receiving about 10% of what I used to get, and now will lose that too it appears ...

It's like the calendar got rolled back to 1999 or 2000 when I was first starting out at GeoCities ... Yahoo! bought them out in late 2000 and began hosting my site in 2001 ... that made a lot of difference right there, but then Google came along and my site got propelled up to page 2 and 3 almost like a miracle ...

This is either the end or a nasty tottering on the brink of the abyss ... even this forum is working crappy and slow tonight. Wonder if Google is ****ing with this too???

"Cast a cold eye
On life, on death,
Horseman, pass by!"

-- William Butler Yeats
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

409 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  09:53:55 AM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wish I knew a way around it for you Mike, and if I did I would suggest it.

The thing is your not the only one noticing it - others are likewise noticing a similar thing as has been published.

No doubt that someone wants to control the internet - just as they control the communications around most of world now and the propaganda press etc.

The Internets a problem for the crooks running this word in that people are finding out about the corruption...

Its like Orwells 1984 - just ~30 years late is all.

The whole internet thing for me is a LOT like the CB radio craze of the 1970's - "hello looks like we got us a convoy come back?"...

The CBN radio threatened to end the pay telephone, when it first came out just get a CB and put it in your car truck etc and you had essentially a early equivalent of whats now mobile phones except it wasn't well regulated and everyone could hear everything..

But once everyone started getting CB's it became useless because kds would play on it all day trryig to make others angry by interrupting conversations with "hellos this is the wolfman jack etc etc until people gave up on CB's and went back to the pay telephone..

And now what have we got?

yep Mobile Phones - a type of private CB radio...where - you guessed it you have to pay!

So who really killed off "CB radios" Was it the "kids" who somehow had expensive directional antennas and linear amplifiers and boomed in all over every normal users conversations and drowned them out until the CB network died pretty much all together.

And was it really sabbotaged by the people who wanted to bring in pay CB's in the form of "Mobile phones"?

Get rid of the free network in favor of a rgeulated controlled one that makes a heap of money!

So who really killed the CB radio craze of free calls?.

You know our electric grid started out free the same way by tesla who could send energy over 100 miles with no wires and light up globes 100 miles away...for free!

BUT general Electric bought him out and introduced a way of controlling owning it and charging for it user pays system, with your electricity meter and electric light bills!

You don't see anyone generating free energy wireless to drive cars or anything - Ohh no that would kill the oil industry - cant have that so the whole technology is buried!

So energy and Communications...controlled and replaced with a user pays system.

What we are witnessing is -ownership of knowledge / information / data because knowledge is power.

The internet as we know it is screwed Mike IMHO.

This is about owning the internet - and the social media etc - its all about user pays - someone wants to own it and charge for providing content and also for accessing content, beyond the current ISP account systems - they want to be able to control content like the print and TV media for propaganda purposes.

Only the other day U saw an article about the new Windows 8 software.

I should find the article and post a link..

Essentially it says that the new Microsoft operating system, has a "kill switch" built into it that the Military / Govt / Israelis or someone can use via internet to shut down / disable your PC remotely if you post anything that defies the thought police.

I kid you not - congress want control of the entire world internet to shut it down in the case of wars etc because of its real time capabilities...

Special Ops could be doing a job behind enemy lines, and in the middle of it - info from citizens observing is on twitter and chat forums etc in real time while its going down - so if the enemy gets wind of it the special ops teams could be compromised by the real time nature of the internet and twitter, video streaming etc.

You can understand WHY its becoming a problem for the military.

It was too good to last Mike - just like wireless energy and the CB craze.

There will be an internet, it will just be controlled and expensive...and if you post something the thought police don't like, they will activate your PC's remote kill switch in your Microsoft 8 operating system software!.

Welcome to George Orwell's 3rd Millennium, totalitarian state, just a few decades late!.

World War 3 will be essential to demolish this form of tyranny and allow mankind's progression beyond where we are now.

Bring on the Nukes I say - without it we risk another 1000 years dark ages - including The Spanish Inquisition all over again.

It's called progress! LOL!
Go to Top of Page

Conor

Ireland
1174 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  08:19:44 AM  Show Profile Send Conor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mike, why don't you set up a facebook page and link it to here and the main webpage?

Can't hurt can it?
Go to Top of Page

thomsop

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  8:01:01 PM  Show Profile Send thomsop a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Conor

Mike, why don't you set up a facebook page and link it to here and the main webpage?

Can't hurt can it?

Conors right Mike, I think as well as including backlinks to other guys sites on your forum, such as Pacino and others, they can link to yours, I got a site and soz for the plug in advance, not long started, You must be logged in to see this link.

I'm not sure why Google has changed things, some others too but I think keywords, links, backlinks, and content - content is always updated here, is the way to go.

Thomsop
Go to Top of Page

mm2001
Forum Admin

USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  2:46:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit mm2001's Homepage Send mm2001 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh well, it appears their algorithms or whatever accidentally switched the rankings of my home page (Nostradamus and the New Prophecy Almanacs) with the Second Home page (Overview and Updates page).

Now the home page is back up in the search results, ranked on page 8, and the Second Home page is down, ranked on page 27. That looks a bit more normal! The other way defied logic, really.

Hopefully my home page will climb back up to page 6 where it has been. I know that isn't as good as where it was before the changes in the algorithms (on page 2 or 3), but is better than where I have been since the first of this month.

Maybe the big drop was also because I recently updated my description metatag so that it reads world predictions for 2012 and the next 230 years rather than 2011 and the next 231 years. I have to do that every year, obviously, and it may upset the Google applecart every time for a period of several days to a week. It's just that a year and more ago, I was getting so much traffic the resulting drop was not as dramatic as it is now.

I am working on updating the home page content-wise, so as to reflect how things have changed concerning the predictions I have been profiling on there over the many years, fleshing them out a little more.

There has been a real viewing of Diana now, although some are saying the video is a fake. I do not think it is. Of course a GOOD apparition would look different than what is actually on the stained glass window it appears on or in front of, wouldn't it?? Gee, I would hope so!

There has been a prediction by a cardinal concerning the pope being assassinated by November 2012, so that needs to be discussed.

The War of Alus sanguinaire or 'bloody Alus' (al-Assad) is now in progress. No longer is it a subject of speculation: it has begun, and will spread throughout the region.

Also I have to de-link all those successful predictions from 2011 listed on the home page because I guess Google's algorithms don't like that many internal links either if a lot of them point to the same pages.

Yes, it is possible I need to do some fine tuning. We'll see how it goes.

"Cast a cold eye
On life, on death,
Horseman, pass by!"

-- William Butler Yeats
Go to Top of Page

mm2001
Forum Admin

USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  4:33:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit mm2001's Homepage Send mm2001 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess I spoke too soon ...

Someone from Google must be reading my posts ... they have pulled the old switcheroo again ...

My home page is back down to page 26 and the Overview and Updates page (Second Home page) is back up on page 7.

Guess they're not content with screwing me out of traffic ... they want to play mind fuk games with me too.

"Cast a cold eye
On life, on death,
Horseman, pass by!"

-- William Butler Yeats
Go to Top of Page

mm2001
Forum Admin

USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  07:55:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit mm2001's Homepage Send mm2001 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The situation above remains unchanged on Google. No more switching. The wrong page is still indexed much much higher than the home page ... and both are going down, down, down...

One keyword search: Nostradamus.

"Second Home Page - Nostradamus and the New Prophec..." is now down from results page 7 to results page 8.

What does it tell people about my site? Not a fat lot:

"This is the ultimate doom only the Hopi Indians have warned was possible in their prophecies (although Nostradamus does warn of a time when the Universe ..."

The actual home page, the one people look for to know my site even exists and discover what the site is all about, "Nostradamus and the New Prophecy Almanacs," is now on results page 25, down from page 24.

What does it tell people about my site?

"With the aid of Nostradamus and my personal system of numerology, discover what is in store for the world in 2012 and the next 230 years."

So, that page which sizes it all up is now consigned to virtual oblivion (page 25) ... and the page used for updates and articles, ranked much higher for some insane reason (page 8), is barely above being consigned to oblivion itself.

During the last 5 hours (a new day begins at Yahoo! web hosting at 3 AM ET) I have received a grand total of 208 hits. What a laugh!Pathetic. At this rate, by the end of the current "day" at 3 AM ET tomorrow, I should have a grand total of maybe a 1,000 hits.

I figure that as this slow death by attrition continues, by summer or fall I will be receiving around 0 (zero) hits a day.

And there is nothing I can do about it.

Someone is going to a lot of trouble to cancel me out.

As for censorship: It has been largely FREE websites, mostly religious, that have been censored (by FREE they mean sites that do not cost anything to run, the host runs them free to no expense for the web author).

My site IS NOT FREE.

I pay $35 every three months to Yahoo! to keep it running ... and running well.

I OWN my domain, newprophecy.net, and I pay for the right to keep it every year, and there are a lot of people who would like to get their hands on it, but I created it and I own it. And it ain't doing me a damned bit of good ... not anymore ...

"Cast a cold eye
On life, on death,
Horseman, pass by!"

-- William Butler Yeats
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

409 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  7:57:10 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike,

I have noticed that I do not make the number of visits that I once used too - to your web page. My PC is approaching 5 years old, with only small ram memory and old Windows XP software and a slow internet connection.

Often when I try and visit your page - my PC acts up - it freezes essentially - because it cannot download all the embedded photos and vid links etc.

Also my eyes are now different - I had laser vision surgery for 20/20 long site - but as a result my close vision now requires 2x magnification reading glasses. With a lot of the red writing (Overview and updates page) on Red photo backgrounds etc - as well as black backgrounds - its very tough for me to read, my eyes start to hurt.

Any one thing on its own isn't enough to stop me visiting but combined - I find my browsing history is altering - I might check your web site now once every 3 months say (whereas I check this forum daily), whereas once upon a time I checked your web page every day.

As you know - I'm not much into the whole music and Hollywood celebrities predictions etc (Yes, I do accept that many of the younger kids of today are) I am more motivated by the world geopolitical positions...so tend to shun the celebs type predictions, but that's just a personal preference.

You know I do think things with regard to internet are changing - and very fast - these days it is all about kids accessing stuff with their Iphones, even a couple of my own kids - both unemployed - seem to find the cash to sign up for expensive Iphone packages, using their govt dole money... So - I am wondering - have you tried accessing your page from such a device?

Ma6ybe the web site needs to be re designed with the new I phone technology in mind... maybe thats where the previous hits have all gone to Iphone and if your web site isn't I phone friendly they might not check back often?. How does the background music work with Iphones
How expensive is it to log in with all those embedded links and images - to pull up the pages on a Iphone?

I do know that these days - kids are all about the me me me generation - they want instant entertainment they want it now and never mind the details just give them the cliff notes. They won't read anything longer than a text message...being raised with the Tv as baby sitter their concentration span is about the length of a average TV advert.

In short if you can't get the message across within 20 words or less you have lost the average young person of today.

Kids don't read online books or CDs or long web pages - they surf for quirky stuff that's 20 30 seconds long.

Some say it is the dumbing down of a generation - others that it is the new age of technology - that the industrial revolution is dead.

Maybe we are falling behind the younger generation Mike?

People of 50+ as potential web page visitors are a dieing population.

Just random thoughts - certainly not meant as criticism. Heck I have trouble communicating with my own kids these days...they are a breed apart from our generation.
Go to Top of Page

mm2001
Forum Admin

USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  11:36:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit mm2001's Homepage Send mm2001 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Eddie,

Well, I am a scholar. You won't find many of us who will try to reduce our text to 20 characters or less ...

I notice Nostradamus scholar John Hogue's website is on page 1 ... guess it is the $$$$$ that talks. He got rich from the fame that came writing a bunch of books and film documentary appearances. So why does he need to have a website besides, driving people like me with no $$$$$ or book and documentary fame down to the bottom????

I, unfortunately, could not get my book published by a major publisher. You might recall that I mentioned quite a while ago on my website that I came very close to having my manuscript accepted in 1998 at Llewelyn Worldwide, a very major publishing outfit. They indeed were preparing me via correspondence for what seemed to be certain publication ... then something weird happened and they reconsidered and rejected it. A couple of special interest folks on the panel didn't like a "few things" ... they thought I had put paganism in a bad light.

Sorry, but it was NOSTRADAMUS who portrayed certain pagan-related quatrains in a bad light, not me.

So I know all about unfair censorship, having already been a victim of it before I even got on the Internet.

Only the lucky are called, never the worthy ...

Oh well, always a bridesmaid and never a bride.

In 1999 and then after, the Internet provided me, and many others before and after me, with an opportunity, at least, to be heard, to share views and discoveries ...

But I will repeat: my traffic was halved over the course of merely a week last year in June when Google "changed its algorithms." Unbeknownst to either you or I, they changed their algorithms several more times since ... and every time they did my traffic became less and less as I dropped another page each time.

On March 1 of this year they changed their algorithms again ... immediately my ranking dropped from page 7 to page 24 and 25 (even 26) ... and the other page, the Overview and Updates page (Second Home page) mysteriously appeared in its place on page 7.

THERE IS NO QUESTION THAT GOOGLE AND WHOEVER IS PULLING THEIR STRINGS IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MY SITUATION. THE EVIDENCE IS TOO OBVIOUS.

The viewers gradually getting younger and younger would not cause such sudden, precipitious drops in traffic in such short periods of time (in the case of March 1, 2012 .. dropping 18 pages immediately upon Google changing its algorithms). Believe me, I should know after 13 years of doing this.

I could do headstands on my site, but it won't matter. I even have complete Top 40 oldies music from March 1963 and March 1972 streaming on it, and update the charts each week, that I have compiled from YouTube, and am planning on doing 1977 and 1984 as well, for those who want to view and listen. I could have live gladiators killing each other in the arena. Live porno chat. Give the mob bread and circuses, right???

I am telling you there is NOTHING I can do but watch this whole death by attrition thing unfold helplessly ...

"Cast a cold eye
On life, on death,
Horseman, pass by!"

-- William Butler Yeats
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

409 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  01:47:12 AM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Believe me I hear you Mike. I've also had my own website and forums before today so know a little about how this works also.

The thing kids are into is social media, and reality TV.

As an older person, who's a bit of an intellectual, the whole social media and reality TV thing leaves me dead - but judging by the proliferation of these facebook things and reality TV it seems taht this is the brave new world we face.

Internet sort of started with wierod old guys who were into Ham Radio etc - and guys like that are interested in the fine detail the nitty gritty, so when they want to know about Nostro - they want everything and would find your site fascinating.

But there's not enough of them!

Kids on the other hand just want to know that if theres a fire or flood or earthquake - that Nostro predicted it in year xyz because its quirky to be able to twitter or text about it or put a link on facebook or something.

The thing with a web page is that it is one way traffic i.e. people reading YOUR product...yet the whole interweb, facebook, twitter & reality TV thing is about "interaction" with the reader these days, they want to tweet their thoughts or update their facebook status, or phone in and vote someone off... they crave involvement.

So internet is evolving - and its no longer look up a web page to read its contents (I still do this when shopping for major items etc tho) but for entertainment... well the kids want to have their say and your web page does not allow for that (yes this forum does and is linked off the web page so thats good and the fact that now there are multiple posts every day is perhaps proof positive of people wanting to discuss their Nostro theory with you, i.e. the interactivity).

Is it a case that the whole web page thing has to evolve or perish?

Of course this is all prefaced with the fact that the articles I linked are showing that Google et al - are allowing corporate dollars to influence how the search algorithms work to prevent traffic to sites where the corporate advertising won't be seen!

I really think we are seeing money talking here - in terms of search rankings - the corporations putting up the internet advertising revenues want to ensure that traffic is directed to where their adverts appear!

Maybe if your web page sold space to a scrolling advertising banner - that was say owned by Google or whatever your page search results would zoom to page 1 due to the new algorithms.

Hey if you were getting a share of the advertising revenues - would that be so bad?

About the book have you tried the ebook publishers - many people now just download the book - perhaps if it were listed with an online download source like Amazon - the revenues would justify the e publishing costs?

Also - don't believe all you read about online book sales...

I research long term missing kids - and recently I had occasion to research a family that vanished - with a child among them...

The story was that the father was a religious cult leader, had a online book that sold well (servers of the divine plan) thru is Canadian publisher and he had a online forum with 40 members where he was known as Si...

It took a LOT of research BUT it eventually turned out, far from an author and religious nutcase - he was actually a spy from another nations intelligence community, living here under a name of a university Colleague from London 20 years ago - and that his online book was actually a plagiarized copy of the Waco Texas Branch Davidian David Koresh's "Manifesto", re written by his agency and published online - as a way for his handlers to funnel money to him from offshore in sums less than the $10,000 mandatory reporting limits in this country so he and his common law wife and child could reside in this country with no visible means of support and carry out his work undetected.

His "forum" PM;s was the method he and his handler used to pass encrypted messages to each other without using emails that might be picked up by the British GCHQ Project Echelon.

At the end of his task in our country he and his common law wife were ex-filtrated out of the country by his agency.

So things like online publishing figures etc are not always as they appear is the message....

There's a heck of a LOT that goes on behind closed doors that we are not privy too and a LOT of this internet control is being done deliberately because of the lessons learned since 9/11 with forums and websites conveying info that TPTB would prefer never made it too the pubic domain..

When your web site is being knobbled - well yes it is 100% because someone has deliberately set out to do so as a matter of policy.

I don't believe that the US Govt would be comfortable with people knowing ahead of time what might be likely to happen, in say world geopolitics, especially if it is info TPTB have been trying to keep secret.

The thing is these agencies etc respond to new trends and technologies and probably its smarter to be at the forefront (Iphone friendly, facebook and twitter etc) than stick with the traditional web page where TPTB have worked out ways thru corporate advertising etc to control web traffic.

These days you pretty much have to be one step ahead all the time.

Have you seen these psychic web sites where y pay for a reading or to phone in etc?

How would you go if your website was like one of those sites - people pay to have their Nostro question answered..by the worlds leading expert on the topic..

You have enough material that likely you could cut & paste a LOT of the answers from existing material....

Again just kicking around Ideas....
Go to Top of Page

jimmyk311
Average Member

208 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  06:12:29 AM  Show Profile Send jimmyk311 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One way that I deal with embedded videos is by disabling the flash plugin.

Since I mostly used Firefox most of the time and it's the only browser I was able to disable the flash player, I know how to make the site load faster. I haven't been able do it in Linux yet but the site does freeze when I tried to go on the site with some of browsers on that OS.

Here what I do it with Firefox:

1. Go to You must be logged in to see this link.
2. Go into task manager (press ctrl alt del buttons at the same time in Windows, don't know about Linux yet.)
3. Click on "plugin-container.exe" with the largest "mem usage" and right click and press "end process"(a warning pop-up will show up but just click "Yes")

Note: If you're using flash on other sites this will disable them all until you refresh the page.

Of course, I have to do this every time on some of the prediction pages with embedded contents and most of the computers I use at home are between 2-3ghz.
Go to Top of Page

mm2001
Forum Admin

USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  7:23:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit mm2001's Homepage Send mm2001 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Allow me to say something in defense of the embedded content, in particular, the embedded videos.

Because I deal with predictions that are either being fulfilled or are fulfilled, the news videos are a good fast way to DOCUMENT what I am writing about.

You know what they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. If so, a video is worth a hundred thousand words.

It takes an awful long time to update my site using words alone, even creating news links takes a little time (text has to be added to each link and a date written after each link) ... the vids are a lot of help. As for images, I have spent as much as four hours creating just one collage, getting it just so, including the time spent tinkering with it in some cases, using cloning, resizing, softening and sharpening, using colour effects to maybe give it a slight 3-D effect, maybe having to resort to using actual artistic skill like a painter does, etc...

Anyway, if you disable the vids, you are disabling documented evidence.

I can't speak for all of the other news services, but CNN videos especially seem to be archived forever. I find some that are five years old or more still working, where other vids by FOX, Reuters, etc are no longer working.

Other embedded content includes Google news, where maybe the same ten reports rotate over and over for each news category (ie, Top Stories, World, Entertaiment, etc along with some subjects I created like Major Earthquake, Syria, etc) until they are updated by Google. Below them are rotating news videos from Russia Today and Al Jazeera. And below that is live feed from Al Jazeera TV via YouTube ... it works immediately at first, but then stops for about 45 seconds before continuing ... it never stops again unless you leave the page or stop it yourself.

Eddie, you once told me it was the constantly updated news content that kept you coming on the Second Home page regularly. You should be in news heaven now ...

And below that, for people who just want to stop the merry-go-round, get off, and hear (and see if they want) rock/pop oldies for a while, exactly as they were rotated, is a new section called "HIT OLDIES BY THE NUMBERS - Hear the hit songs of the past as they were actually charted for each month." They are, so far, the Top 48 from March 1963 and the Top 80 for March 1972, updated weekly just as they were by DJs back in the day. As I mentioned above, I intend to add Top 40s from 1977 and 1984 soon.

If you disable embedded material, you are disabling a lot ... and this stuff is constantly changing ...

"Cast a cold eye
On life, on death,
Horseman, pass by!"

-- William Butler Yeats
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

409 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  11:11:41 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Believe me. I'd read it if my machine would allow me Mike.

You've been there - you know what I am on about - old puters and the blue screen of death are my constant daily companions.

One day when I upgrade (to an iphone? god forbid!) I will be able to view all this content.

For now text is my only constant companion...
Go to Top of Page

jimmyk311
Average Member

208 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  07:37:07 AM  Show Profile Send jimmyk311 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mike, let me be the one to apologize for bringing up the disable embedded videos thing; it's just that having too many flash videos on one page takes up a lot of CPU resources which can make the computer slow and may freeze the browser (I blame Adobe for that.)

I tried the site with Sony's crappy PS3 browser and the site works a lot better than the PC as long as flash doesn't hogs too much memory.

I guess adding more RAM wouldn't be a bad thing too.

Also, as for search engines goes, it could be more about claiming rights to the Nostradamus name than anything else, I like to call it "financial copyright."

Then, there is this divide that is going on in the alternative media between prophecy/religion/science vs geopolitical/economic that is going on and any unison of all those subjects combine is bad for the TPTB to be exposed. Look at how much misinformation and sensationalism that is going on in the alternative media that anyone who isn't really awake can become brain dead with information overload. The same can be said about mainstream media.

Critical thinking and critical researching are key these days.

I think that the "word term wars" is what is happening now with the search engines these days, the more control you have with a word, the more you can shut down sites, businesses, people and etc.

It's about breaking a person's will. That's why TPTB drive for division in society.

The search terms I use often for your site is "second home page," "mm2001 forumco," and "newprophecy" (I mention this before) to name a few.

I first found your site when I was searching on Google in 2002 or 2003 and found it under the term "celebrity prediction" or something similar (long story but it involves watching Sylvia Browne on Montel) and a link send me to a page where you had a prediction at that time about a celebrity possibilty dying by fire.

Edited by - jimmyk311 on Mar 14 2012 08:23:21 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Prophetic Messenger Service © © 2001 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2